Bio of Tai Tuivasa -Age, Net Worth, Height, Wife, Career
Tai Anthony Tuivasa, better known as Tai Tuivasa, is an Australian MMA fighter. Tuivasa currently fights for the Ultimate Fighting Championship in the heavyweight division.
Early Life Of Tai Tuivasa
Tai Tuivasa was born on March 16th, 1993. Tai Anthony Tuivasa is his given name. He was born in the Australian city of Sydney. He is Australian in nationality. Tony Tuivasa, a Samoan father, and Kerry Johnson, an Indigenous Australian (Wiradjuri) mother, gave birth to him.
He grew up in Mt Druitt, a western Sydney suburb. He has eleven siblings. He is of mixed ethnicity and was born under the sign of Pisces.
He played rugby as a child and was signed by the Sydney Roosters rugby league club. He quit rugby due to his gambling addiction.
Who is Tai Tuivasa’s wife?
Tai Tuivasa is a married man. The MMA fighter from Australia is married to the sister of UFC light heavyweight fighter Tyson Pedro.
They have a daughter together. More information about his personal life will be added here as it becomes available. He currently resides in St. Marys, Australia.
Height Of Tai Tuivasa
Tai Tuivasa is 1.88 meters tall, or 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He weighs approximately 263 lbs (119 kg). He has an athletic physique. He has a 75-inch reach. His sexual orientation is heterosexual. His eyes are brown, and his hair is black.
Net Worth Of Tai Tuivasa
Tai Tuivasa earns a living as a professional MMA fighter. Contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements provide the majority of his income. He is currently signed to the UFC and has 12 wins with 11 knockouts.
He had earned approximately $700,000 from his MMA fights as of July 2021. His net worth is estimated to be around $500,000 as of 2021.
Professional Career Of Tai Tuivasa
- Tai Tuivasa made his professional MMA debut in Australia in 2012.
- He knocked out all of his opponents.
- He also competed in a couple of MMA mixed rules fights for Combat 8 promotions.
- In December 2012, he TKO’d Australian former rugby league representative John Hopoate at Combat 8:02.
- He was defeated by Peter Graham via TKO at Combat 8:03.
- He joined the UFC in 2016.
- However, due to a knee injury and subsequent surgery, he had to wait nearly a year for his UFC debut.
- In November 2017, he made his UFC debut against Rashad Coulter at UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura. His first-round TKO also earned him the Performance of the Night award.
- In February 2018, he defeated Cyril Asker via TKO in the first round at UFC 221.
- In February 2018, he was ranked 15th in the UFC’s official rankings.
- In March 2018, he signed a four-year contract extension with UFC.
- In December 2018, he was defeated by Junior dos Santos via technical knockout in the second round of UFC Fight Night 142.
- In 2019, he lost by unanimous decision to Blagoy Ivanov at UFC 238 and by arm-triangle choke to Sergey Spivak at UFC 243.
- His fight against Jarjis Danho at UFC 251 was called off indefinitely.
- In October 2020, he knocked out Stefan Struve in the first round at UFC 254.
- In March 2021, he defeated newcomer Harry Hunsucker via technical knockout in round one at UFC on ESPN 21.
- In July 2021, he defeated Greg Hardy at UFC 264. He also won the Performance of the Night award for the fight.
- He had 12 wins as of July 2021, with 11 knockouts and 1 decision. He has only lost three games so far.
- He has also competed in boxing matches in addition to his MMA career. To date, he has 5 wins and 2 losses.
- In December 2013, he made his professional boxing debut against Nathan McKay. He was victorious by knockout.
- In 2014, he defeated Brett Smith and Willie Nasio to reach the finals of the eight-man heavyweight tournament. In the final, he was defeated by Michael Kirby.
- In 2016, he defeated Hamad Alloush and David Tuitupou to reach the Frank Bianco Cup Heavyweight tournament final, where he was defeated by Demsey McKean.
- He also has 14 wins and 2 losses in kickboxing.
Facts of Tai Tuivasa
|Full Name||Tai Tuivasa|
|Date Of Birth||March 16th, 1993|
|Age||29 years 3 months|
|Place Of Birth||Australian city of Sydney|
|Height||6 Feet and 2 Inches|
|Parents||Tony Tuivasa and Kerry Johnson|