Bio of Richard Sherman-Age, Net Worth, Salary in 2022, and Career
Richard Sherman is a free agent in the National Football League. His position on the field is cornerback. The Seahawks selected him in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft.
Early Life of Richard Sherman
Richard Sherman was born on March 30, 1988. His birthplace is Compton, California, in the United States. Richard Kevin Sherman is his real name. He is an American nationality with an African-American ethnic background. His skin color is black. His parents are his mother, Beverly Sherman, and his father, Kevin Sherman.
He grew up alongside his two siblings, Branton Sherman and Krystina Sherman. His Zodiac sign is Aries, and he practices Christianity. In terms of education, he attended Dominguez High School and graduated in 2006. He had 1,030 all-purpose yards as a senior in 2005, including 870 yards on 28 catches and three punt returns for touchdowns.
As a defensive back, he had 45 tackles, eight pass breakups, and one interception, and he helped Dominguez win the CIF Southern Section Division III championship with a 41–14 victory over Sherman Oaks Notre Dame High School in the championship game. He enrolled at Stanford University and played wide receiver for the Stanford Cardinal football team from 2006 to 2010.
During the 2006 season, he had 34 receptions for 581 yards and three touchdowns. He is a member of the Phi Beta Sigma fraternity and received his undergraduate degree in communications from Stanford University in 2010. When he returned for a fifth year during his final year of eligibility, he began working on his master’s degree.
Who is the Wife of Richard Sherman?
Richard Sherman is a married man. He married his beautiful longtime girlfriend, Ashley Moss. The couple got engaged in June 2015, and their wedding took place on March 28, 2018, at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana. Rayden Sherman, his first son, was born on February 5, 2015, to his spouse, Ashley Moss.
On April 16, 2016, the couple welcomed their second child, daughter Avery. The happily married couple is currently enjoying their current life without any interruptions. He is not gay and has a straight sexual orientation. He has residences in Yorba Linda, California and Maple Valley, Washington.
Richard Sherman is also the founder of his own charity, Blanket Coverage – The Richard Sherman Family Foundation. Sherman founded his charity in 2013 to assist children in low-income communities by providing them with school supplies and clothing. His foundation was established to assist children across the country in achieving academic success.
Net Worth of Richard Sherman
Richard Sherman is an NFL football cornerback who has amassed enormous wealth over the course of his career. Sherman’s net worth is estimated to be $40 million as of 2021, according to sources. His contract with the Seattle Seahawks was worth $56 million, with $40 million guaranteed, and he signed it in 2014.
He signed a three-year contract worth $27 million before joining the San Francisco 49ers, which included a $3,000,000 signing bonus, $7,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $9,050,000. T-Mobile, Nike, Oberto, BODYARMOR, and Beats by Dre have all flooded him with sponsored content and endorsements.
According to Fanbuzz, he has earned more than $82 million in contract salaries alone. He also owns real estate in the United States, including properties in Yorba Linda and Maple Valley. According to Bleacher Report, he paid $2.31 million for the latter in 2014 from Jamal Crawford, former NBA Sixth Man of the Year, who bought the home in 2006 for $3.231 million.
He lives a lavish lifestyle, and his primary source of wealth is his NFL football career. He also owns some of the world’s most luxurious automobiles. He previously owned an Audi and a BMW, but now he owns a Lamborghini Aventador and a Tesla.
Height of Richard Sherman
Richard Sherman has a good-looking athletic body. He stands at 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 205 pounds (93 kilograms). His hair is black, and his eyes are dark brown. Overall, he has a healthy body and a beautiful smile. His other body measurements have yet to be revealed.
Professional Career of Richard Sherman
- Richard Sherman was the 25th cornerback drafted in the 2011 NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks in the fifth round (154th overall).
- On July 22, 2011, the Seattle Seahawks signed Sherman to a four-year, $2.22 million contract that included a $182,424 signing bonus.
- In the Seattle Seahawks’ season-opening 33–17 loss to the San Francisco 49ers, he made his professional regular-season debut.
- In the third quarter, he made his first career interception on a pass intended for wide receiver A. J. Green by quarterback Andy Dalton.
- In the Seahawks’ 23–20 loss to the Arizona Cardinals in Week 1 on January 1, 2012, he had a season-high six solo tackles, a pass deflection, and an interception.
- In 16 games and ten starts, he finished his rookie season with 55 combined tackles (47 solo), 14 pass deflections, four interceptions, and a forced fumble.
- In the Seattle Seahawks’ 20–16 loss to the Arizona Cardinals in 2012, he made four solo tackles, two pass deflections, and intercepted a pass by John Skelton. In addition, he had three solo tackles, three pass deflections, and an interception in a 24–23 win over the New England Patriots on October 14, 2012.
- Against the New York Jets, he recorded his first career sack.
- In 2012, he started all 16 games and totaled 64 tackles (53 solo), a career-high 24 pass deflections, eight interceptions, a touchdown, and a sack.
- On September 29, 2013, he had four solo tackles, and two pass deflections, and returned an interception for a touchdown as the Seahawks defeated the Houston Texans 23–20.
- In 16 games and 16 starts, he had 48 combined tackles (38 solos), 16 pass deflections, eight interceptions, and a touchdown. In 2013, he received an overall grade of 87.8 from Pro Football Focus.
- He made three combined tackles and a pass deflection in Super Bowl XLVIII on February 2, 2014, as the Seahawks defeated the Denver Broncos 43–8. During the game, he limited wide receiver Eric Decker to one reception for six yards.
- On May 7, 2014, the Seattle Seahawks signed Sherman to a four-year, $56 million contract extension with $40 million guaranteed and an $11 million signing bonus, making him the highest-paid cornerback in league history.
- In 2014, he started all 16 games and had 57 total tackles (45 solos), eight passes defended, and four interceptions. Sherman received an overall grade of 89.9 from Pro Football Focus in 2014.
- He started Super Bowl XLIX on February 1, 2015, and made three combined tackles as the Seahawks lost 28–24 to the New England Patriots. In addition, he was named NFC Defensive Player of the Year by the Kansas City Committee.
- In 2015, he started all 16 games and had 50 combined tackles (33 solo), 14 pass deflections, and two interceptions. Sherman received an overall grade of 86.7 from Pro Football Focus in 2015.
- He began the 2016 season as a cornerback. During a 27–17 victory over the New York Jets on October 2, 2016, he recorded five combined tackles, deflected two passes, and intercepted two passes by Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.
- In 2016, he started all 16 games and had 58 total tackles (38 solo), 13 pass deflections, and four interceptions.
- Sherman was diagnosed with a sprained MCL in his right knee following the season, which hampered him in the second half of the season.
- He returned as the Seahawks’ starting cornerback in 2017, but he was bothered by his Achilles, which he first injured in Week 5 during a 16–10 win over the Los Angeles Rams.
- In ten games and ten starts, he had 35 combined tackles (25 solo), seven pass deflections, and two interceptions.
- On March 9, 2018, the Seahawks officially released him.
- On March 10, 2018, he agreed to a three-year, $39 million contract with the San Francisco 49ers. He made his debut with the 49ers in week 1 against the Minnesota Vikings, recording two tackles and recovering a fumble forced by teammate Fred Warner on Dalvin Cook in a 24–16 loss.
- He then faced the Arizona Cardinals in Week 8 and the Chicago Bears in Week 16, finishing his rookie season with 37 tackles, one sack, four passes defended, and a fumble recovery in 14 games.
- He intercepted a Jameis Winston pass and returned it 37 yards for a touchdown in the 49ers’ 31–17 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 1. It was his first interception and touchdown as a 49er.
- Following that, he faced the Cleveland Browns in Week 5, the Carolina Panthers in Week 8, the Seattle Seahawks, and was named to the AP 2nd Team All-Pro, his first All-Pro appearance since 2015 and his fifth overall.
- He recorded two tackles and intercepted Aaron Rodgers in the final two minutes of the NFC Championship Game against the Green Bay Packers, sealing a 37–20 victory and a trip to Super Bowl LIV.
- He was placed on injured reserve on September 16, 2020, due to a calf strain, and was activated on November 28, 2020.
- During the Week 12 win over the Los Angeles Rams, he recorded his first interception of the season off a pass thrown by Jared Goff.
- Later, on February 17th, 2021, he was officially released.
Facts of Richard Sherman
|Full Name||Richard Sherman|
|Net Worth||$40 Million|
|Date Of Birth||March 30, 1988|
|Age||34 years 2 months|
|Place Of Birth||Compton, California|
|Height||6 Feet 3 Inches|
|Profession||Free Agent in the National Football League|
|Education||Dominguez High School|
|Parents||Beverly Sherman, and Kevin Sherman.|
|Siblings||Branton Sherman and Krystina Sherman|