Herb Dean is an American professional mixed martial arts referee for the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), as well as an actor and former fighter. He has a professional MMA record of 2-3, with one win coming via submission and the other via technical knockout.
Early Life of Herb Dean
Herb Dean was born on September 30, 1970. His birthplace is Pasadena, California, in the United States. He is an American nationality with an African-American ethnic background. His skin color is black. He celebrated his 50th birthday in 2020. His Zodiac sign is Libra, and he is a Christian. More information about his parents and siblings has yet to be revealed.
Herb Dean began martial arts training at the age of nine and practiced various disciplines throughout his adolescence. He began training in Kenpo at the age of 23 under the late Frank Trejo, a 9th-degree black belt. He had an extensive MMA training regimen.
Wife of Herb Dean
Herb Dean is a married man who has three children with his beautiful Russian wife: two daughters and a son. He enjoys spending time with his kids. He lives a happy life with his family. He is not gay and has a straight sexual orientation. He isn’t gay or bisexual.
What is Herb Dean’s Net Worth?
Herb Dean is a professional referee with a net worth of $2 million as of 2021. He earns about $380,000 per year from officiating (more on this later). In the UFC, he is paid around $1500 per fight on the main card. He also owns and operates Fight Academy Pasadena (aka Herb Dean MMA).
He also offers certification courses for those interested in becoming an MMA ref or judge. His main source of wealth is his referee career, and he lives a comfortable lifestyle on his earnings.
Height of Herb Dean
Herb Dean is a handsome referee with a medium build. He stands 6 feet 1 height or 185 cm tall. His balanced weight is 225 lb, 102 kg, or 16 st 1 lb. His hair and eyes are both blacks. His other body size is currently unavailable. Overall, he has a fit body and a charming smile.
Professional Career of Herb Dean
- Tim Sylvia and Frank Mir competed for the vacant UFC Heavyweight Championship at UFC 48 on June 19, 2004.
- Herb Dean was the referee. At 0:50 (50 seconds) of round one, he called a halt to the fight after seeing Sylvia’s right forearm break due to an armbar.
- Despite Dean’s warnings, “Pause, pause, pause! The battle is over!” Once free of the armbar, Sylvia began to argue with Dean, who kept telling him, “It’s completely broken! Your arm has been broken “..
- Sylvia denied again in the post-fight interview that his arm was broken; however, the slow-motion replay showed the break occurring, and an X-Ray that evening revealed significant damage to Sylvia’s arm, necessitating surgery and a lengthy recovery. Later, Sylvia expressed gratitude to Dean for saving his career by ending the fight when he did.
- On July 8, 2006, he officiated the highly anticipated rematch between Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock at UFC 61. He stopped the fight after Ortiz landed several unanswered elbows to Shamrock’s head, giving Ortiz the TKO victory.
- As Shamrock, visibly enraged, immediately protested the decision, a rematch was held during Ortiz vs. Shamrock 3: The Final Chapter, with Ortiz claiming victory in a manner very similar to the second fight, though Shamrock did not challenge this decision.
- He then refereed the fight between Mirko Cro Cop and Gabriel Gonzag at UFC 70 on April 21, 2007.
- After UFC 109 and UFC 160, UFC president Dana White stated that he believes Dean “is one of the best referees in the industry. Actually, I believe he is the best “in reference to his win over Mike Swick and Paulo Thiago.
- He also stated that he never questions Dean after the Mir vs. Sylvia fight was stopped. “When Herb Dean does something stupid, I don’t even question it.
- I’m watching for the replay.
- This guy sees things that I don’t see while sitting in front of the monitor.”
- At UFC 169, he caused controversy by stopping the main event fight Renan Baro vs. Urijah Faber for the UFC bantamweight title. Dean was then chastised by UFC president Dana White, who stated that “he made a mistake.”
- In addition, he was heavily chastised for a late stoppage of a fight between Khalid Murtazaliev and C. B. Dollaway at UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Oleinik.
- UFC president Dana White chastised him after awarding a win to Ben Askren via bulldog choke over Robbie Lawler at UFC 235.
Facts of Herb Dean
|Full Name||Herb Dean|
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Date Of Birth||September 30, 1970|
|Age||51 years 8 months|
|Place Of Birth||Pasadena, California|
|Height||6 Feet 1 Inch|
|Profession||Actor and former Fighter|