Iona Locke was well-known throughout the country for her motivational sermons and preachings. She was the bishop of several churches in Michigan.
Was Iona Locke Married At the Time of Death?
Iona Locke was married when she died, which is correct. Her husband was a shadowy figure whose identity was never revealed. After dating for a few years, the couple exchanged vows in a private ceremony, but they never revealed the date or location of their wedding. Because Iona was a very private person, little is known about her personal life.
It is certain that she lived a happy and blissful life with her family while she was alive. It is unknown whether Iona has ever been in a relationship or had a love affair in the past. She has never been embroiled in a controversy or rumor involving her personal or professional life.
American Bishop Iona Locke Husband
Despite being married, Iona Locke did not reveal her husband’s identity to the media. Despite being married for a long time, she kept her husband out of the spotlight. It is also unknown whether or not Iona has given birth to any children.
According to some reports, she has children; however, the identities of her children, like her spouse, are kept private. So she and her mysterious partner had children together. Locke was born into a family of African-Americans. She had a happy life in Michigan with her family.
Iona Locke Cause of Death
Iona Locke died on December 18, 2020, at her Michigan home. Her death occurred at the age of 72. According to reports, Iona Locke died as a result of a seasonal illness. Her family says in an official statement:
“It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that the Locke family, Christ Centred Ministry Association and the Abyssinia Christ Centered Church announce the Episcopal Transition of Her Grac, Presiding Bishop Iona E. Locke.”
Following her death, several of her friends and family members expressed their condolences on social media. The church of Jesus Christ has made funeral arrangements for Bishop Iona Locke, which are being carried out in the traditional manner of a Bishop.
Short Info About American Bishop Iona Locke
- On May 16, 1948, Iona Locke was born to American parents in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Her parents were never revealed to the public, but her birth name was Iona E. Locke.
- Her nine siblings were never identified, but she spent her childhood with them.
- Locke belonged to the African-American ethnic group.
- Iona’s preferred schools were the Pittsburgh School and Harty’s Bible School.
- She then went on to earn a Ph.D. in Theology and Divinity.
- She was invited to join the Bishop F.M. Thomas training program by a local bishop.
- At the time of her death, Iona Locke’s net worth was estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million.
- Locke had a height of 1.70 M, or 5 feet 7 inches.